KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee- owned materials engineering firm internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection. KTA’s hallmark services include coating failure investigation, coating recommendations, and coating condition assessments.
We are hiring a full-time Project Site QC Engineer in Providence, Rhode Island to coordinate, execute, and support inspections during load-in, handover and load-out activities at storage and/or marshalling facilities and ensure that the contractual requirements in terms of QA/QC are met. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating, supporting, and verifying that the Contractor’s and Subcontractor's Quality Inspections are conducted as per approved ITP, FAT or SAT in accordance with Contractual requirements;
- Conducting inspections of various types of installation items before and after handover;
- Verifying dimensional records as part of handover process; conduct or arrange for field measurements if necessary;
- Providing on-site representation of the Contractor’s interest & Liaise with Employer’s representative(s), Fabricator and Marine Warranty Surveyor;
- Assisting site team with inspections/test of installation equipment/machinery;
- Preparing periodic QC reports;
- Distributing relevant QA/QC documentation to and liaise with Project Management Team;
- Complying with applicable HSE requirements and standards are met on site;
- Ensuring Inspection results are recorded, submitted and filed as per procedures and verifying inspection results against Contractual requirements;
- Ensuring Non-Conformities are reported in accordance with procedure(s);
- Coordinating, monitoring, and verifying follow-up status of Corrective and Preventive actions until close-out; and
- Participating, where required, in the Contractor’s progress and Quality meetings.
- Five or more years of experience as a QC Inspector, preferably within the offshore (wind) industry, oil & gas industry or heavy constructions industry
- Basic knowledge of materials, manufacturing techniques, welding, and coating
- Work at height training (or GWO) - preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline – preferred
- AMPP Certified or Senior Certified (NACE CIP Level II or III) – preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Physical Requirements: Close, distance, depth vision and ability to adjust focus; ability to hear, speak, climb and work from heights, work in confined spaces, and walk on uneven terrain; ability to work outside, including inclement weather.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401k with 3% matching, and much more! KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EOE, including disability/vets
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have
the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center and application process as a result of your disability or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions. To request an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com