Cathodic Protection Technician
KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned materials engineering firm, internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection and asset integrity. Five business units comprise the $40 million enterprise offering a broad range of coatings, steel, concrete fabrication and building envelope inspection, evaluation, and testing services in nearly every market and industry.
KTA is seeking full-time Cathodic Protection (CP) Technicians to oversee and report out on CP Program requirements in the field. Work will consist of field investigation of existing conditions, and visual inspections of CP system installations, which are divided over multiple counties in Sacramento, California. Work is slated to begin in March 2024, but there may be opportunities available to start sooner.
Pay Range: $45-50/hour with per diem provided for non-local inspectors. Full comprehensive benefits package offered (health, dental vision, company-paid life and disability, paid time off, and 2 retirement plans).
The scope of work for the inspector:
- Visual/Field Inspection – Visual inspection and documentation of corrosion levels on structural members, mechanical damages to structural components, and structure to electrolyte interface
- Cathodic Protection System Install – Oversight and documentation of Cathodic Protection system installations, to confirm that the installations are performed in accordance with engineered drawings and contract specifications.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent – required
- AMPP CP1 - Cathodic Protection Tester (formerly NACE CP1) or AMPP CP2 - Cathodic Protection Technician (formerly NACE CP2) Certification – required
- AMPP Basic Coatings Inspector (formerly NACE 1) – preferred or willing to obtain once hired
- Entry-level to nominally two years of relevant work experience
- Functional in the use of Cathodic protection inspection equipment
This position requires the ability to perform cathodic protection inspections, read drawings for test station locations, and record data. Writing, speaking, seeing and hearing are also required, however, accommodations can be made for a qualified candidate.
Come see what all the buzz is about! We offer employee ownership, competitive pay, and great benefits!
Drug testing and a criminal background and motor vehicle check will be conducted.
Candidates must be permanently authorized to work in the U.S.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EOE, including disability/vets
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have
the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center and application process as a result of your disability or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions. To request an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org