Chemical Technician/Project Manager
KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned materials engineering firm, internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection and asset integrity. KTA’s hallmark services include coatings failure analysis, forensic laboratory investigations, and independent laboratory testing of coatings performance, among a much broader array of integrated service offerings.
Our Professional Services Business Unit has an immediate need for a reliable self-starter with attention to detail to work in our Coatings Laboratory. We are looking for high caliber candidates with a desire to perform to meet group and company objectives as a chemical technician / project manager to support Laboratory Services. The position offers opportunity for professional development, advancement and contributing to department growth. You will be considered successful in this position when, within 12 months you have:
- Prepared quotations for supervisory review;
- Followed standardized testing procedures for coatings and abrasive media;
- Applied coatings by various spray application methods following product data and SDS;
- A basic knowledge of paint chemistry and accelerated weathering;
- Effectively maintained client communications while managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Utilized coatings inspection instruments and visual guides;
- Scheduled sample exposure and physical testing with attention to deadlines;
- Prepared draft reports for supervisor review; and
- Complied with the laboratory’s QC program.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related field OR Associate’s Degree in Chemical Technology or related field with relevant experience
- Proficient writing and communication skills
- Good organization
- MS Windows applications experience, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Physical Requirements: Near, distance, and color vision, ability to safely lift 40 or more pounds, ability to feel textures, ability to wear respiratory protection, and ability to stand for long periods of time
KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
We are proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and employee ownership.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EOE, including disability/vets
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have
the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center and application process as a result of your disability or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions. To request an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org