KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned consulting engineering firm internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection. KTA is the largest provider of 3rd party coating inspection services in the country, and a major player in steel and concrete fabrication inspection. KTA’s hallmark professional services include coatings failure investigations and laboratory analysis, among a broader array of integrated service offerings all aimed at protecting the world’s infrastructure.
KTA is actively hiring reliable and competent ACI and/or PCI Certified Technicians for full-time work providing QA inspection of the fabrication of precast concrete and reinforced concrete pipe throughout Pennsylvania. Opportunities are also available throughout the New England area (VT, NH, CT, and ME). All applicants must be willing to travel and available to work irregular or extended work hours (night shift and/or weekend work). This position is open to candidates with the following qualifications:
- ACI Certified Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I. Must have ability to test fresh concrete for air content, slump, and temperature; and prepare reports and communicate relative to construction condition.
- PCI Level II or III certification issued by the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute. Must have experience with prestressed concrete inspection, particularly for transportation and bridge projects.
- PennDOT Concrete Field Testing Technician - preferred
- Prior experience in PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike Highway and Bridge Construction Inspection and knowledge/use of the PennDOT EQMS system - preferred
- Experience with prestressed concrete inspection, particularly for transportation and bridge projects
- High School Diploma or GED – required
- Act with integrity, always promoting ethical practices in all circumstances
- Detail-oriented, ensuring all paperwork is accurate and complete
- Customer-oriented, developing and maintaining healthy relationships with clients and contractors, keeping all parties abreast of any progress
- Good oral and written communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, and punctual
- Reliable Transportation and valid Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel experience, ability to navigate the internet and email correspondence
- Hearing, speaking, close, color, distance, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus;
- Ability to travel, when necessary, and ability to work outside (including inclement weather);
- Walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, crawling, crouching, standing for extended periods of time, and working in confined spaces and on uneven terrain.
Come see what all the buzz is about! We offer competitive pay, great benefits, including two fantastic retirement plans (Employee Ownership (ESOP) & 401K), and will likely have many great opportunities down the line as we continue to grow!
Drug testing and criminal background and motor vehicle check will be conducted.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
By submitting your resume, you are giving consent to KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) to provide your resume to prospective clients for an assessment of your qualifications.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EOE
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have
the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center and application process as a result of your disability or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions. To request an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com