Technical Sales Representative
KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned materials engineering firm, internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection and asset integrity. Five business units comprise the $40 million enterprise offering a broad range of coatings, steel, concrete fabrication and building envelope inspection, evaluation, and testing services in nearly every market and industry. KTA is a highly sought-after partner providing customer-driven innovation, cutting edge technology, and world-class service delivery for the protection of our clients’ assets and the world’s infrastructure. KTA remains the largest distributor of a complete line of coatings inspection instruments from over 70 leading manufacturers and organizations throughout the world.
KTA has an opening for an Account Representative in its Instrument Sales, Service, and Training (ISST) Group. This is a full-time position located at KTA’s corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA. The Account Representative is responsible for handling all portions of the equipment sales and calibration sales lifecycle for KTA, from prospecting and selling inspection equipment to maintaining established relationships with our valued customers. The Account Representative will advise the customer on inspection equipment and calibration services while promoting all KTA services through a proactive sales approach. Additional responsibilities include:
- Engaging in dialogue that will ensure the customer will view KTA as the ‘Go-to’ source for inspection equipment sales, service, calibration, and repair;
- Accurately answering questions regarding the operation of the full line of equipment that KTA distributes, as well as laboratory test panels;
- Quoting product and service costs the same day inquiries are received;
- Entering orders, quoting freight costs, sending advanced invoices, and processing international customer instrument orders;
- Making cold calls, follow-up calls, and sending emails to build/maintain customer loyalty;
- Understanding the processes associated with certifying all product offerings;
- Efficiently inspecting equipment against calibration standards to ensure proper working order;
- Actively managing customers in NetSuite; and
- Representing KTA at local and national tradeshows and networking events on a regular basis.
We need a professional, outgoing and reliable employee that has a patient, cooperative demeaner, is customer oriented, and can work well under moderate pressure. This position is open to all candidates with the following qualifications:
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Sales, Marketing, Communications or related field – desired
- Prior sales and customer relations experience – desired
- Knowledge of general office skills, computers, and basic accounting principles – essential
- Willingness to travel domestically as/when needed
- Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for long periods of time, type, speak, hear, lift 50 pounds safely, and manual dexterity to manipulate small objects, instruments, and gages.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401k with 3% matching, and much more! KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EOE
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have
the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center and application process as a result of your disability or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions. To request an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com