Buyer and Inventory Control Analyst
KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee-owned materials engineering firm, internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection and asset integrity. Five business units comprise the $40 million enterprise offering a broad range of coatings, steel, concrete fabrication and building envelope inspection, evaluation, and testing services in nearly every market and industry. KTA is a highly sought-after partner providing customer-driven innovation, cutting edge technology, and world-class service delivery for the protection of our clients’ assets and the world’s infrastructure. KTA remains the largest distributor of a complete line of coatings inspection instruments from over 70 leading manufacturers and organizations throughout the world.
Are you ready to step into a pivotal role where you'll be the driving force behind our inventory control and purchasing operations? At KTA-Tator's Pittsburgh, PA, location, you'll play a crucial part in maintaining our inventory with precision and finesse.
In this role, internally known as the Buyer and Inventory Control Analyst, you will be the guardian of our inventory flow within our Equipment sales division. Your responsibilities include managing purchase orders, negotiating prices, maintaining stock levels, ensuring compliance with purchasing contracts, and delivering essential reports.
You'll also be instrumental in resolving NetSuite inventory discrepancies through cycle count reports and system reconciliations. As a proactive contributor, you'll recommend and assist in implementing inventory policies to minimize discrepancies, maximize profit margins, identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings, develop safety stock and reorder levels, and provide valuable project support to keep initiatives on track and within budget.
Your Daily Adventure Includes:
- Identifying and purchasing inspection equipment.
- Finding private-label product opportunities to increase margins.
- Ensuring the correct stock levels are available for sale at the right time.
- Managing inventory turns based on seasonal demand.
- Engaging in critical negotiations with vendors and contractors to secure the best pricing and delivery dates.
- Searching for new vendors to maintain or improve profit margins.
- Being hands-on in maintaining accurate inventories through physical counts and our NetSuite inventory management system.
- Working with accounting to reconcile differences in invoices to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Maintaining organized records and documents related to purchasing activities, including vendor pricing and work order information.
- Scanning incoming inventory into NetSuite to ensure precise count accuracy and systematically arrange it on the designated shelves for sales and shipping purposes.
- Generating reports for the Business Unit manager out of NetSuite.
- Providing backup to the shipping and receiving clerk as needed.
- Following the appropriate corporate operating and standard operating procedures for the role.
Qualifications That Set You Up for Success:
- 3+ years of Buyer responsibilities and Inventory Management with a High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is essential.
- Essential knowledge of general office skills, computers, and basic accounting principles.
- Physical prowess: You can sit for extended periods, type like a pro, engage through conversation, have the strength to safely lift 50 pounds, and possess the manual dexterity needed to handle various instruments and gauges.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401k with 3% matching, and much more! KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EOE, including disability/vets
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have
the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center and application process as a result of your disability or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions. To request an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org