KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) is a 100% employee- owned materials engineering firm internationally recognized as a leading expert in corrosion protection. KTA’s hallmark services include coating failure investigation, coating recommendations, and coating condition assessments.
Our Consulting and Engineering Services Department, part of our Professional Services Business Unit, has a tremendous opportunity for a Project Engineer. This technical position involves coatings engineering-related services including site specific condition evaluations of coatings and substrates, as well as the development of opinions of probable cost and maintenance painting strategies for major facilities and government organizations. Coating assessments are performed by visual examination and testing as well as by remotely operated aerial and underwater drones. Coating repair recommendations, comprehensive technical reports, and written opinions are routinely provided as part of the above listed services. This position requires 25% - 50% travel and will be based in either the Pittsburgh, PA or Vineland, NJ office. At KTA, you’ll work with and learn from the best in the industry.
This challenging position requires the ability to balance and prioritize the demands of multiple clients and projects. You’ll know you’ve been successful when within 12 months you have:
- Conducted coating condition assessments on single and multiple structures (bridges, storage tanks, pipelines, tank farms, structural steel, etc.);
- Worked under the guidance of a professional engineer with the intent of taking the PE exam when eligible;
- Developed opinions of probable costs based on one or more coating system maintenance strategies;
- Read blueprints, engineering drawings, Process & Instrumentation diagrams, and conduct surface area calculations;
- Reviewed containment shop drawings and calculations (prepared by others) for conformance to industry and/or project-specific contract documents;
- Prepared proposals including scope of services, staffing, and cost components; and
- Enhanced KTA's industry presence through technical papers, and/or delivery of presentations.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- B.S. degree in an engineering discipline (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Materials) or related discipline is essential in this position - Required
- EIT or PE licensed (or intent to take PE exam)
- AMPP Basic or Certified (NACE CIP Level I or II)
- SSPC Protective Coating Specialist certification
- Knowledge of corrosion and coatings chemistry
- Close, distance, depth vision and ability to adjust focus; ability to hear, speak, climb and work from heights, work in confined spaces, and walk on uneven terrain; willingness to travel (25-50%) and ability to work outside on occasion
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401k with 3% matching, and much more! KTA is a casual, friendly workplace, where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are an employee-owned company, run with family-inspired values and ethics, where diverse perspectives, experiences, and capabilities are embraced and valued. The employees of KTA are dedicated to making each other, the company and our clients successful. We believe that serving our clients as we want to be served results in long lasting business relationships. We strive to recruit, develop, and support people from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to helping you take your career to a new and exciting level. At KTA, you’ll work, learn from, and become one of the best in the industry.
KTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ACTIVELY looking to increase the DIVERSITY of our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KTA is a Standing Firm Company. Elzly Technology Corporation (Elzly) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA). AA/EOE, including disability/vets
We strive to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have
the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center and application process as a result of your disability or if you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions. To request an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com